Outsourcing blog and articles writing are becoming increasingly popular. More and more businesses and individuals these days are using to blog creation in order to generate more interest from consumers. Blogging is a great way to not only generate exposure but also to gain the respect and trust of audiences, which can all add to your overall success levels.
Whether you are an industry influencer or whether you run a business, posting regular blogs can prove to be highly beneficial in many ways. Given the amount of time, it can take to write and generate new content outsourcing your blog writing may be a viable option for you.
One thing you do need to be mindful of is that your benefits depend upon the blog posts you create. If you create posts that are irrelevant, of low quality, full of fluff, and provide no value to the reader, you could do a lot more damage than good.
This is why you need to put plenty of thought and time into every post you write if you want to enjoy success. However, what if you do not have the creativity or skills to create high-quality blog posts? What if you don’t have enough time? Should you think about outsourcing your blog writing? In this article, we will look at the pros and cons of doing this.
Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Your Blog Writing
Before you decide whether or not you should be outsourcing your blog writing, you need to make sure you are familiar with the pros and cons. This will make it easier for you to make an informed choice in relation to whether this is something you want to do.
Pros of Outsourcing Your Blog Writing
First of all, we will look at the many pros of outsourcing your blog post writing. Some of the key benefits you can look forward to are:
- Saving time: For many people, outsourcing their blog writing – or any other type of content – is all about saving time. If you have a packed schedule with loads of commitments such as work, family, and others, you may feel that you don’t have the time to sit and conduct research and then slave over your latest blog post. By outsourcing your blog post writing, you can benefit from freeing up your own time to deal with your other commitments.
- Getting quality content: Another reason why people start outsourcing their blog post writing is that they do not have the skills or flair to produce quality posts themselves. By finding a good writer to create the content for you, you can look forward to great quality. You can still provide the writer with a brief and guidelines to ensure they get the content spot-on. By getting someone else to create quality content, you will be able to impress your audience.
- Benefiting from new perspectives: If you tend to write all of your own blog posts, you may find that they start to become a little stale and repetitive, which is never good. By outsourcing to another writer, you and your readers will be able to benefit from quality content with a fresh, new perspective.
- It can help to boost your credibility: Another thing that high-quality, professional blog posts can do is help to boost your credibility. When readers see how engaging, relevant, and informative your posts are, they will develop more confidence and trust in you. This can boost your credibility and you could soon find yourself touted as a key influencer in your industry.
Cons of Outsourcing
So, now we know what the pros of outsourcing your blog post writing are, what about the cons? Well, let’s take a look at some of the key ones:
- You may end up with a poor writer: Outsourcing your content to a writer that you have never worked with before can be a huge risk. You could end up with a writer that is nowhere as good as they made out they were – in fact, you may find you could have done a better job yourself. If you can get word-of-mouth recommendations, that helps to eliminate the risk. If not, make sure you see some samples of their work that has been published online under their name.
- You will get out of practice: When you start outsourcing your blog post writing and devote yourself to other things, you may start losing your own writing skills. If you find yourself not having to write for long periods of time, you may find it difficult to get back into the swing of things if and when you need to start creating your own content.
- It costs money: Of course, one of the major downsides of outsourcing your blog post writing is that it will cost you money. The chances of finding a professional writer that will do it out of the kindness of their hearts are slim to none (unless you have someone in the family, of course). So, it means that you will have to put money aside for each blog the writer creates for you.
- The posts could do more damage than good: Following on from the first con where you end up with a bad writer, the posts could end up doing more damage than good. When a writer submits a post, you should always make sure you check through it for relevance, quality, and originality. The last thing you want is to put up a post packed with nothing but fluff and irrelevance that has no chance of getting ranked on Google. Or, worse still, find yourself on the wrong end of a lawsuit for posting plagiarized content!
So, there we have it – the pros and cons of outsourcing your blog post writing. In conclusion, if you are struggling in terms of time or you do not have the skill or confidence to create your own posts, outsourcing can prove invaluable.
However, it is vital that you do your research and find a writer with a solid reputation, a portfolio of past work, and who will adhere to your brief. Once you find the right person, you can really benefit from outsourcing some or even all your blog post writing.